Region Business Controller- CANAM
Portland, OR - United States
The Region Business Controller is responsible for partnering with key stakeholders to provide comprehensive financial analysis for Pinkerton's Canadian and American regions. The Controller follows general corporate policies while suggesting, and if appropriate, implementing divisional processes that meet corporate and division needs.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Review operational and financial reports and effectively communicate the findings to key region stakeholders.
- Interact with management and formulate strategies to ensure the achievement of operational goals for all key performance measurements including, but not limited to sales, profit, business development, and service delivery;
- Provide on-going guidance and training; serve as a trusted advisor.
- Participate in business review meetings.
- Lead the execution of strategic projects and associated change management.
- Work closely with the corporate Accounting and Finance teams and play an important role during the month end closing process.
- Manage the reconciliation of sub-ledgers to the GL and the preparation of month end schedules.
- Achieve and maintain the region targets for DSO and bad debt.
- Assist in the development and monitoring of the region's performance metrics, budgets, and forecasts.
- Drive initiatives which lead to improvements in operational systems and processes and the implementation of best practices.
- Collaborate with the Region's leadership in formulating SLAs, escalation standards, and guidelines with a focus on operational & financial accuracy and effectiveness.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process including drug testing and background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor's degree, Master's degree preferred, and eight to ten years of Financial Management and/or Accounting experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company. CMA and CPA certification preferred.
- CMA and CPA certification preferred.
- ERP system experience, preferred.
- Serve as an effective team leader.
- Ability to clearly articulate the issue/problem, solicit and incorporate diverse perspectives, and lead the development and implementation of appropriate solutions.
- Decisive, resourceful and strong decision maker.
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Able to adapt as the external environment and the organization evolves.
- Effective communication skills, at all levels within the organization, and across diverse cultures.
- Able to manage multiple tasks/projects with competing deadlines and priorities.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent sitting.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.