Travel Risk Coordinator- APAC
Bangalore, Karnataka - India
The Travel Risk Coordinator will provide support to the region's Travel Risk Manager across the APAC region while providing ad hoc support on the program's global projects. Most activities will center on South and South East Asia but support to the Travel Risk Manager will be expected across the APAC region.
The Coordinator will monitor for travel to elevated risk countries, conduct regular document review, facilitate secure ground transportation and assist the Regional Travel Risk Manager in the event of security and medical incidents. The role collaborates with the client's Corporate Travel and various security stakeholders to streamline travel processes and positively influence traveler behavior.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Provide administrative support to the region's Travel Risk Manager across APAC, while providing ad hoc support on the program's global projects.
- Conduct regular review of traveler resources, ensuring processes and advice remain relevant and up-to-date.
- Manually monitor for travel to elevated risk countries, ensuring resources are pushed to travelers.
- Administer and log secure ground transportation, escalating exceptional tasks to the Regional Travel Risk Manager;
- Work directly with travelers to ascertain traveler profiles and itineraries, ensuring the correct level of security support is in place.
- Develop relationships with the region's secure ground transportation vendors, maintaining an up-to-date contact list and ensuring invoices are accurate and paid.
- Assist the Regional Travel Risk Manager with security/medical escalations. (This could require out-of-hours support).
- Monitor real-time and upcoming security/medical events in line with traveler whereabouts;
- Review vendor intelligence products and collaborate with the client's intelligence functions.
- Actively engage in data projects, including manual audits of vendor products.
- Support the TRM Regional Manager including the delivery of pre-travel briefs and awareness sessions, when necessary
- Attend travel fairs within the region to communicate the benefits of the client's TRM program to traveling employees.
- Collaborate with the TRM Regional Manager and apply their guidance and mentorship towards all work developed and completed.
- Collaborate with the client's Corporate Travel group and security stakeholders to increase awareness of the Travel Risk Management (TRM) program and positively influence traveler behavior.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must be a Graduate or equivalent.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, which may include drug testing and/or background investigation.
- Must meet the country's age requirement.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in India.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in international relations, political science, intel/security studies with five years of work experience in travel risk management, security and/or intelligence.
- Travel risk management, security and/or intelligence experience.
- Knowledge of security issues, transportation systems, travel tracking,booking tools, and operational risks related to international corporations.
- Able to translate security and geopolitical risks into insights for business travel.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Experience living and working overseas preferred.
- Serve as an effective and positive team member.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office and TRM software/platforms.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and/or behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent sitting.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.