Washington, DC - United States
The Pinkerton Director serves as the “Trusted Risk Advisor” by anticipating the clients' needs and recommending world-class corporate risk management solutions. Overseeing all aspects of an assigned geographic area, the Director is responsible for the achievement of assigned business development objectives, on-going employee management, and the consistent application of Pinkerton's Service Delivery Standards, while ensuring optimal business results.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance and excellence.
- Establish and maintain "trusted advisor" relationships with new and existing clients;
- Regularly contact clients to ensure that the highest level of corporate risk management is being delivered.
- Responsible for the year-over-year revenue growth of the assigned field office/geographic area;
- Communicate with the Managing Director regarding trends relative to fixed and variable costs and financial impact of present and anticipated business activity.
- Review records and other financial data that impacts revenue growth and profitability.
- Partner with the Sales Support and Marketing departments to identify client prospects and markettrends.
- Participate in business development activities including sales presentations, RFPs, and contract negotiations.
- Participate in local networking opportunities including industry and/or client sponsored events, seminars, and training.
- Submit requisitions for new and/or replacement positions associated with client contracts;
- Partner with Pinkerton's Talent Acquisition team to review, interview, and orientate new employees assigned to billable positions.
- Plan, assign, supervise, and direct work;
- Effectively manage PDPs (Pinkerton Dedicated Professionals), Operation Managers where applicable, and other full and part-time employees through active communication and on-going skill development.
- Conduct annual budget analysis and present field office budget to Pinkerton leadership.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor's degree with at least seven years of business management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- Business management experience.
- Strong financial skills including P&L, forecasting, and budget analysis.
- Able to analyze complex data and develop innovative recommendations and solutions.
- Solid project management skills.
- Able to develop business leads into new client relationships.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Able to successfully establish and maintain strong client relationships through a trusted risk advisor approach.
- Serve as an effective team leader.
- Monitor, coach, and develop employees up to expected performance standards.
- Able to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Regular computer usage.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- May be required to use vehicle for performance of duties.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak and write clearly in order to communicate with employees, customers, and others.
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent sitting and, standing, and/or walking.
- Travel, as needed.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.