Executive Threat Manager
Redmond, WA - United States
The Executive Threat Manager (ETM) serves as the principle investigator responsible for the administration and execution of the Protective Intelligence and Investigations Program within a global corporate organization in accordance with the standards established by the client. The ETM conducts highly complex and sensitive protective investigations with the assistance of other investigators; ensures that the investigative standards established by the client are followed; proactively works to identify, assess and mitigate potential threats to the client or their interests; continuously evaluates and manages subjects that pose a potential threat to the client or their interests, compiles and reviews case reports, establishes, utilizes and leverages networks; provides advice, counsel and guidance to the ETM program manager.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Conducts online social media analysis, open source research and commercial database research.
- Collects, analyzes, and logs POI correspondence of persons who may pose a threat to the client or their interests.
- Provides risk analysis for POI's and events.
- Composes investigative, OSINT, travel, and threat reports.
- Documents investigative actions.
- Performs Executive Vulnerability Assessments, and special reports.
- Monitors Executive travel for POI related issues to inform protective response.
- Collaborates with various internal and external groups in the course of regular duties; provides guidance, counsel, and assistance to other investigators who are working similar threat investigations.
- Provides people tracking solutions by organizing information, providing situational and domain awareness, comparing levels or standards of threats, determining the potential tactical and strategic impact of negative outcomes to individuals, local, regional and global operations, and be able to communicate objectively to the client and stakeholders.
- Coordinates the threat and intelligence information to ensure that the proper protective response is provided to the client.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process including drug testing and background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor's Degree with one or more years of relevant threat management experience. Professional affiliation within the Threat Management discipline, i.e. Association of Threat Assessment Professionals (ATAP), Certified Threat Management (CTM) certification, etc. Must be able to obtain the Certified Threat Manager (CTM) certification within one year of hire.
- Demonstrated Executive Threat Management experience in the private or public sector.
- Corporate and risk analysis experience preferred.
- Good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions.
- Advanced crisis communications skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Able to hold yourself and others accountable into achieve goals and live up to commitments.
- Able to work directly with internal clients and clearly articulate business drivers, business requirements, and technology functional requirements.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills.
- Well-developed organizational skills and understanding of Executive Protection.
- Serve as an effective team member.
- Able to manage multiple assignments with competing deadlines and under stressful conditions.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Able to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
- Able to anticipate and rapidly respond to changing priorities.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Able to work independently.
- Able to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Experience with online social media analysis, open source research and commercial database research.
- Excellent presentation, written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency conducting interviews in a corporate environment.
- Experience working cross functionally.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and/or behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.